For HE Staff
This page is for colleagues in higher education who need to know more about Access to Higher Education Diplomas and is especially designed to provide information for those involved in the undergraduate admissions process.
Access students bring a wealth of experience and commitment to their studies at degree level. For some courses such as vocational programmes in teaching, nursing and social work, their life experience gives them insights and understandings not usually found in a younger student. Once at university ex-Access students frequently support younger students as well as bringing a breadth and balance to the student profile on degree courses.
As the pressure on places continues to increase, we want to continue to support this valuable intake into higher education. The introduction of grading in 2009-10 allows universities to make more selective offers to Access students and LASER has produced guidance to facilitate the development of consistent and meaningful offers to Access students for places on degree programmes.
We offer for HEIs:
- End of year Access results service for universities
- A ‘virtual Access to HE network’ for admission and other HE staff
- Newsletter, briefings and updates on Access to HE for admission staff in HEIs
- Response to queries re Access student applications from experienced LASER staff
- Invitations to attend consultations and other meetings with Access practitioners
Documents for Download
|LASER Guide for HE Admissions Staff|
|QAA Making offers for the graded qualification: Advice to HE Admissions re Grading|
|QAA Guidelines for HE Admissions re entry requirements & conditional offers|